Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Last Contest for the Year

Hello!  If you have been following my blog recently you would notice that I have been participating
in contests on the website talent house. I just submitted one last one for this year so I appreciate any support and you can vote here at this link....




Here is an image of my submission.  

This piece was an experiment with Charley Harper's style and halftones.  I am trying to emulate Charlie Harper's illustrations using more straight to curve lines in the design and textures.  I also really wanted to get into halftones and I think it will be something I will continue to add into more of my work, because they are soo fun to use! I miss old comics that use halftones like the old marvel comics from the 40's through the 60's.  The colors are neutral also like the comics from that period.

I will post some more work from Stephen Silver's class soon and also more figure drawings!  

That's it for now, take care!

No comments: