Saturday, July 19, 2008

Doodles

Hey ya'll I'm in Texas right now.  I'm going to upload some more stuff onto this blog when I get back to Baltimore, but for now here's a huge blog of stuff.


To start off here is a comic idea suggested by my friend Jacob, whose drawings I will show later on the blog.  Jacob told me that I should make a comic about my crackhead neighbors that I lived with my sophomore year of college.  Anyways here is a caricature I did of them, Dave and Gino.  


Dave, the one with the glasses, was always either grumpy or retardly happy.  He loved rock music and liked to drink jack bourbon, however when he drank too much he become outlandishly violent.  Gino, the other guy with the weird hair, got stabbed in the face 10 times in 3 fights I think.  He loved rock and country, bleh.  He also liked metal and I think he really liked the band white snake, it could be a different band my buddy mike will clarify that detail.  Gino always tried to be suave and a ladies man.  Dave is insane, I think he was in the Navy in Vietnam and that made him crazy.  I have a lot of material for these guys and they always wanted me to make them into cartoon characters, perhaps I shall. Below is some more drawings and pics of them.
  


The two Gino picture was taken by my friend Mike Martin.

DAVVVVEEEEE!!!!

Here's some doodles...
quick monster parade sketch I did in my teaching class I like these boids
Maurice Sendak interpretation
stupid squidgy monster.... Some ladies in my class thought this pile of goo monster was cute, I'm confused.

Giraffe guy who is slightly based off the principal in my school Fred Lazaras.  After I did this everyone told me he owns part of Toys R' us and I was not aware of that.
 
Initial drawing
Inking
Coloring, my friend Tanya helped me out with this.  She did a great job.
Characters on a background

Doodles....

Drunk Lady caricature I did in a bar.

This model sheet is a character I created when I was eight.  His name is Bath-Time-Dog.  Some people told me to make comics of him again.  That is why I did this model sheet.  I will try to find the original drawings of him when I was eight.  Also I am going to make more model sheets of his friends.  I think BTD is generic, but I may attempt a comic strip with him.


Betty Boop Copies

Tom Richmond copies
I did this caracture of Chris the librarian in 3 minutes, ehhhhh I could've done it a lot better.

Chris's caricature of me on the other hand is awesome!!!

A picture of the artist.  Chris knows a lot about comedy, music, literature, anything.  He's a librarian and I'm going to post some of the stuff he shows me on this blog.

Here are some pics of the 4th of july festival.  Chris's girlfriend Chris, haha, is in the baltimore symphony and it was a lot of fun to listen to the orchestra play.

Canon explosion.
and what's fourth of july without fireworks????

Oh yeah and some caricatures I did that day.....




My friend Mary, I work with her at the MRC.  I have some pictures she drew of me at Baltimore, not Texas, that I will eventually post on my blog because they're so funny.

Donkey-Corn
Marlo Meekins copy of Emily.  I work with her and it blew my mind that she knows Marlo.  She's a nice person and a great caricaturist heres a link to her stuff...




Kali copy of Nico

More Richmond
These next two drawings are done by my friend Jacob.  He's a very talented drawer/painter and occasionally I nag him to draw me a cartoon.  

Here's some quick comics Jacob, my Ben, and I did for fun.  


I liked Jacob's drawing of the close up shot with the bear so much that I did one myself.



This caricature makes me laugh, it's a random old dude I saw.  I might make him into a comic as well....
Cat with the bola cap at my job...

Anyways when I get back to Baltimore I will post some influences and definitely some more caricatures/doodles.

GOOOODBYEEE!!!! (for now. hehehehe)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Rob! You did an especially good job with Sylvia. You really got her essential "look".

Darcey said...

(that is a really long post) it is awesome to see all the things you have been doing. and your grandpa lived in poland and had a pet chicken? that is awesome!

I wish I could do characatures. they look like fun

Bob said...

Hey drimblewedge thanks, who are you by the way?? I checked your account and nothing came up perhaps you are the mystery blogger
Anyways thanks darcey for the comment, yep my grampy had a pet chicken in poland, or perhaps it was in new york when he first immigrated to the U.S., the chicken's name was Cukoo, pronounced like Cu-Coa, and it followed my grandpa everywhere on the chicken farm he worked on. Also if you are ever bored you should definitely try experimenting with caricatures because they are fun to do.

Hryma said...

Hey Bob thanks for the comment!
Sorry I didn't mean to fool anybody, haha.
Wow, as like Darcy said "that's a really long post".
They're some huge nashes on that Sendak inspired monster, I dig that.
And your two buddies, they sound like they do need a toon about them, they're kinda like older versions of Bevis & Buthead!

Bob said...

HYRRMAAAA!!!!!
Hey you commented on my blog again, YEAH!!!!
haha yea those neighbors i had totally remind me of beavis and butthead, but I will try to separate the differences between beavis and butthead from dave and gino. i lovee judge's style and i always wonder who his influences are. One is definitely bill plympton and he probably liked other mad artists. Anyways those gravestones on your site are great and it's good to hear from ya again!